Monday, September 08, 2008



Above is a picture of my belly at 17 weeks. To me, this picture doesn't make me look as big as I am.

I had my 17 week appointment this morning and everything went well. I heard the heartbeat and it was 158 beats per minute. It was nice and strong and the doctor said that the baby must be happy today. I was also put on a low carb diet. I had some sugar in my urine and blood. I guess no more sweets, pasta, and potatoes for me. Oh well! If it makes me healthier for the baby, then it is worth it. I go back to the doctor on October 3rd to find out what we are having. They will also do the test on the brain, heart, lungs, etc. to make sure everything is developing right. I am a little nervous about it, but hopefully everything will be just fine. Hopefully the next 3 ½ weeks will go by fast because I can’t wait to find out the sex. Dennis and I have also finalized our names for a girl or boy. It is a secret until we find out what we are having. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the names so I can’t wait to tell.

I am feeling the baby move now. It is very small flutters and thumps, but I feel them several times a day. Now that I know what it feels like I feel them more and more everyday. I can’t wait until Dennis is able to feel them as well. It’s hard to believe that I am almost half way to the arrival. I will be getting busy with the babies room in October after we know what we are having. I love to decorate and pick things out so I can’t wait. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Valerie Davis said...

You're so cute pregnant!! Congrats on a good dr's visit!! Cant wait to find out what you're having!! Baby Steed is gonna be soooo cute!! and yes, deco is a great choice for the stroller!!