Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Getting in the Christmas Spirit...........

I can’t believe it is almost Christmas again. It has really snuck up on me. It has been hard to get in the Christmas spirit this year. Maybe one reason is because the weather has been so unpredictable. You never know how cold or hot it will be. Tomorrow morning should really bring the mood to me. My office along with several other businesses has adopted a less fortunate elementary school and we have bought every child in the school a Christmas present. I am so excited that I get to go tomorrow. My dad’s department at work took one of the second grade classes and I got to help buy all their gifts. My mom and I had a really good time shopping for them. My boss let my department at work draw names to see who was going. My name wasn’t drawn but Monday one of the ladies came to me and told me that she would like me to go in her place since my family was going. It really made my day. I was so upset when my name wasn’t drawn, but I knew that I would get to go next year so I was happy when I found out I could go. The kids at this school have no idea we are coming. Well, except maybe the 5th graders. Last year, Southern Cross bought gifts for the 5th grade class. Everyone who went said it was a wonderful event so we decided to buy for the whole school. Word got around the school that when you get in the 5th grade you get a Christmas party. They should all be really surprised to know that this year every grade gets a party. We are going to sneak all the gifts in while they are at a choir program. When they get back, they will be so excited to see what is going on in their classroom. I will be sure and take lots of pictures of the class I am in. I can’t wait to see the smiles on these kids’ faces. It may even bring tears to several faces.

No comments: