Monday, December 11, 2006

Weekend in New Orleans

Dennis and I had a great time in New Orleans this weekend. We got there around 2:00 and checked in the hotel. We walked around the French Quarter for a while and then got ready to go eat. I loved The Red Fish Grill last time so we went there to eat again. The oysters are WONDERFUL. Afterwards, we went to the piano bar at Pat O’s. It was fun as well. We saw a girl that had her wedding dress on. Yes, in the bar at Pat O’s. I had never heard of a reception at a bar in the middle of everyone, but then again I am from Mississippi not Louisiana. The girl was so drunk. She was dancing with everyone and I even saw her kiss a few people. Hopefully she knew them. Her dress was so nasty at the bottom. Her train was tucked into the back of her dress but at some point it had fallen and was dragging the ground. I was in the bathroom and I saw a girl from the wedding party so I asked her if this was indeed a reception. She said “Oh no, this is just the party after the reception.” She told me that the reception was from 2:00 until 6:00 and the people weren’t ready to end it yet so that brought it to Pat O’s. What a crazy night those people must have had.

Later on about 5 guys dressed up like Santa Clause came in the bar. I have no idea what they were doing. One of the ladies that was playing the piano and singing said that the malls must have closed and they were off duty. It was pretty funny. Like people always say, you never know what you are going to see in New Orleans.

No comments: