Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Update on Coleson and I....

Dennis and I had a pretty big scare or at least it was scary for me. Last night about 10:45 or so Dennis and I went to bed and about 11:30 I woke up with a pain on the left side of my back. I tried to toss and turn and get more comfortable to see if that would ease the pain any but the more I moved the worse it got. I woke Dennis up and by this time I was in tears and was starting to panic. I got out my book What to Expect When You Are Expecting to see if I could find anything related to the symptoms that I was having. Everything I found talked about preterm labor. Dennis was researching on the internet as well and everything he found told him to call the doctor immediately so that is what he did. The on call doctor called back and told us to come in. So here we go to Woman's Hospital about 12:30. I was taken back to a room and had several test run and they hooked me up to a monitor. All I could think about was if baby Coleson was ok. She found his heartbeat with no problem and said he was doing great. I was having a few mild contractions, but the nurse said it was probably from irritability from my back. Once all the test came back she said that I either had a kidney stone or was really close to being dehydrated. She told me to drink lots and lots of water from now on. So that is what I have been doing. I had a baby shower at work today so I had to get up this morning and go in until lunch. I came home afterwards and slept the entire afternoon. Let's hope we have a better night tonight than we did last night.

By the way, we had lots of drama with the first baby bed that we ordered but we have reordered a whole new set and we got it in yesterday. Dennis put it together and I love it. Coleson now has a bed in his room for him to sleep in when he gets here.

1 comment:

The Callaways said...

Oh I hope it's not kidney stones! I had them back in August and it was horrible! I passed one, but still have four left. All I drink is water now because I was told dark liquids are bad for your kidneys. The pain is like someone jabbing a dull knife in your side and twisting it every so often. They say labor is nothing compared to kidney stones!