Monday, March 05, 2007

What an eventful weekend.....

This weekend was full of many obstacles. After work on Friday, Dennis and I ran a few errands and went to eat at a Mexican restaurant. We were going down Hwy 25 towards Dennis’s house about 9:00. It was dark outside and on this particular part of the road there are no street lights so all you have are headlights to see by. I was behind Dennis in the right lane and all of the sudden he slammed on brakes. I had to lock my brakes up behind him and all of the sudden I ran over a pile of tree branches. I came really close to hitting him. Thank goodness he didn’t come to a complete stop or we would have had a 3 car pile up. The car behind me swerved in to the left lane and the lady said she barely missed me. All I saw was smoke from her tires as she went by. I was glad that Dennis was in front of me in his SUV because I would have messed the whole front in of my car up if I had hit them first. Dennis broke them up when he ran them over. Dennis called me right after it happened because he wasn’t sure which car I was. By this point, I was crying and he asked if I was ok. I told him I was and but that something was wrong with my car. He had pulled over and asked if I could drive up to where he was. I told him that I was on the side of the road so he pulled over and walked to where I was. When I got out, this is what I found.

I have no idea how it got wedged like that. I thought the branch had stuck through my plastic bumper. After jacking my car up, we saw that it had hit the perfect spot right in front of my exhaust pipe. There was no major damage to my car just some paint that is cracked and is chipping off. We all got very lucky that night to say the least.

Dennis and I went to Vicksburg Saturday to look at flowers and a photographer. I had an appointment with the florist at 2:00 and when I got there the place was closed and nobody was there. I was very mad. I could not wait to get to work this morning to give her a phone call. She said that she had written my appointment down on a ticket and it had gotten moved. She apologized and asked if I would give her another chance. I am meeting the preacher tomorrow afternoon so she agreed to stay open until I get there. Maybe this time she will actually be there. We booked the photographer so that was a good thing. He is going to take our engagement pictures as well sometimes in April. We were also able to get an idea of china, flatware, and some everyday patterns. The planning is still moving along. Maybe we won’t have anymore bumps in the road. (yeah right!)

Brandon had his first tee-ball practice Saturday. He is in the 4-5 year old age group and they are all so funny. Most of them didn’t even know which way first base was. Brandon did good though. Below are some pictures from the practice.


No comments: