Friday, February 27, 2009

My eventful morning!

What a crazy morning I have had. Dennis left for work this morning around 7:15 and took Brandon to school. Abbey is at home today with a stomach ache so we had a long night with her and Coleson woke up more than usual to make it seem even longer. I was actually glad to see day light. About 30 minutes after Dennis was out the door, I noticed that Rascal was standing at our bedroom door wanting out. I figured that Abbey had woke up so I opened the door to go and check on her. I noticed that Rascal had run to the back door and was playing with something in his mouth. This is nothing unusal so I was trying to figure out what it was. He let it go from his mouth and I started screaming. It was a SNAKE and it was slivering across my floor. Rascal kept chasing it and picking it up with his mouth. I immediately got on the phone and called Dennis and told him to come home. He said that he was already close to work which is about 30 minutes from the house that I was going to have to kill it. He told me that I had to go outside and get the hoe. I was like no way am I getting close to this thing. I go into the living room and I can't find it. I freaked out even more. I looked under the recliner (from very far away) and noticed that it was curled up dead. Dennis told me that I had to get it out from under there because if it went into the recliner we would never get it out. So I went outide and got the hoe and knocked it out from under the chair and got a plastic bowl and covered it up. By this time, Dennis was on his way home from work. :) I figued it was dead and would be ok until Dennis got home. Yeah right! Rascal moved the bowl and it started moving again. I took the hoe and put it on its back and left it there until Dennis got home. I stood there and watch it the entire time to make sure that it didn't go anywhere. I am terrified of snakes so I'm sure I acted like a fool. It wasn't that big but it was big enough for me. Dennis has it hung on a softball net outside until Brandon gets home. He would have been very upset if he didn't get to see it. Oh the things boys are interested in!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh YUCK!!!!!! (Laurie)